Updated on: 08.11.2022
Your privacy is very important for Pelikan. We have elaborated these rules for personal data protection in order to inform you about processing of your personal data when you communicate with our experts within the Customer service, when you visit the portal www.pelikan.sk from a computer or from your mobile device or when you create an order for various services.
”Personal data“ are information related to a physical entity, identity of which is known, or can be found out. If you want to skip to some specific part of the principles and rules for personal data protection, click to the individual link below:
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA OF CLIENTS PROCESSED PELIKAN
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED AFTER COMMUNICATION WITH PELIKAN
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN CASE OF CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT WITH/BY MEANS OF PELIKAN
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED WHEN CREATING THE ACCOUNT MÔJ PELIKÁN (MY PELIKAN)
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN CASE OF ENTERING THE COMPETITIONS ORGANIZED BY PELIKÁN
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN CASE OF PARTICIPATION IN PRESS CONFERENCES AND SENDING OF NEWS RELEASES
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED AT PELIPECKY.SK
- LIST OF PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA OF APPLICANTS FOR JOB IN PELIKAN AND OF SELECTED SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
- COOKIES, PIXELS, AND THEIR USE
- CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN 16 YEARS OF AGE
- UPDATING OF RULES FOR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- KEEPING OF PERSONAL DATA
- CONTACT DETAILS
- YOUR RIGHTS
A. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA OF CLIENTS PROCESSED PELIKAN
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
Pelikan processes your email address, telephone number, name, surname, address also for purposes of delivery of important information related to services/products you have ordered, support communication in pre-contractual phase and also after contract conclusion.
A legal basis for processing of your email address and telephone number for these purposes is a legitimate interest of Pelikan in providing you with important information related to services/products you have ordered.
Pelikan processes your email address so that it can be assigned to your order, when you communicate with representatives of our customer support. A legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing you with a qualitative customer support.
If you give your consent with delivery of marketing information and newsletter from Pelikan, Pelikan will process your email address also for purposes of sending marketing information and newsletters about various products/services offered within the portal www.pelikan.sk. A legal basis for processing of your email address for this purpose is your consent. You can cancel your consent anytime by means of a link for termination of delivery in the bottom part of our marketing emails, by means of termination directly at the portal www.pelikan.sk or by contacting Pelikan customer service at the address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you are interested in receiving price notifications from the Pelikan Price watchdog, Pelican will process your first name, surname, and e-mail address entered into the form at https://www.pelikan.sk/sk/watchdog. The legal basis for this processing is your consent that you can revoke at any time using the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of Watchdog e-mails or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED AFTER COMMUNICATION WITH PELIKAN
When you communicate with the representatives of our customer support by email, phone, online or personally, we collect personal data such as your name, surname, address, telephone number, email address Facebook ID. The beneficiaries of some of these personal data may be Whatsapp, Facebook or MessengerPeople if the client uses the chat on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Pelikan.sk/.
We can also create event logs, which are useful for diagnosis of problems related to using of our portal; we can also record information about a problem related to support or service. In order to improve the customer services and within the applicable laws, we can also record and monitor communications with the customer support, and to analyse the feedback provided the users through volunteer surveys of customer thoughts.
II. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN CASE OF CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT WITH/BY MEANS OF PELIKAN
ORDINARY PERSONAL DATA
If you order a service/product through the web portal www.pelikan.sk, Pelikan collects your name, surname, sex, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone number, in case of some services also nationality, passport number, date of its expiration, country that issued this passport. Data from your credit card we process are: credit card number, (the first six and the last four digits of your credit card), name and surname of card holder, date of card expiration and signature of card holder. This information is received also by the company that secures payments and that meets safety standards for processing of credit card data. The company VÚB a.s., as an administrator of the payment wall in the position of the third party, processes information about credit card of a customer when Pelikan customers use credit card for completion of a purchase at the portal www.pelikan.sk.
If you pay by bank transfer from a payment account, we process the account holder's name and surname and account number. If you pay a direct deposit to our bank account, we process the name and surname of the person who made the direct deposit. The recipients of these data are the banks through which the payment is processed.
We process your name, surname, sex, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone number, in case of some services also nationality, passport number, date of its expiration, country that issued this passport and data of your credit card in order to process your order. A legal basis for processing of this data is performance of a contract or performance of pre-contract measures based upon your application. We process your personal data also within our processes for revealing of frauds. A legal basis for processing of your personal data for this purpose is our legitimate interest in protection of Pelikan and of our customers against efforts for fraudulent transactions.
In exceptional cases, personal data contained in your birth certificate can be processed, i.e. besides your name, surname, sex, date of birth, place of birth, personal identification number, and state citizenship, also the name, surname and surname at birth of your father and mother, their date of birth, personal identification number and state citizenship. Also, in exceptional cases, the data contained in the birth certificate of your child/grand child can be processed, namely their name, surname, sex, date of birth, place of birth, personal identification number, and state citizenship, and also the name, surname and surname at birth, date of birth, personal identification number and state citizenship of both his/her parents. Equally, all the data contained in your marriage certificate can be processed, i.e. besides your name, surname, surname at birth, date of birth, place of birth, personal identification number, state citizenship, and marital status on the date of marriage, also the name, surname and surname at birth of the parents, and all data pertaining to your husband/wife and also the agreed male and female form of the surname of your children. The purpose in this case is to demonstrate proximity of blood between you as a client and the person to which pertains the event that has caused your inability to use the ordered service and your request of a refund from an airline or a travel agency. Typically, such event is the death of a close person or their serious injury, hospitalisation, etc. The legal basis for processing of these data is usually a contract concluded between your and a carrier/travel agency which in such cases allows for a full/partial refund of the price of a flight ticket/tour. Another legal basis can be a contract with Pelikan, who, as the intermediary in signing of a transportation contract or the travel agency in case of contract regarding the tour provision attempts at your request to obtain a full/partial refund of the price of the flight ticket/tour from the carrier/travel agency.
SPECIAL CATEGORY OF PERSONAL DATA
Exceptionally, we process also a special category of personal data, which is represented by information about your health condition and biometric data contained in your travel documents.
Information about health condition is processed in order to acquire an extraordinary refunding from suppliers (airline companies) for ordered services you did not utilize. We can also process health related information in order to request special transportation services, special assistance at the airport or during transport, e.g. requesting a special diet menu, transport of a wheelchair, assistance dog, etc.
We process information about biometric data in order to provide visas for our clients at the corresponding embassies that are receivers of this personal data. The company EVENT TOURISM s.r.o. helps us with provision of visas to some countries. We send documents, or their copies, by the courier company Slovak Parcel Service, s.r.o.
A legal basis for processing of special category of personal data is performance of a contract. Increased attention is paid to processing of special categories of personal data.
III. Personal data processed when creating the account Môj Pelikán (My Pelikan)
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
When you create Môj Pelikán account, we ask you to provide us with your email address. Pelikan processes your email address, because you use it, together with your password, to log in to your account. A legal basis for processing of your email address for this purpose is a legitimate interest of Pelikan in protection of safety of your account.
Pelikan processes your email address also for the purpose of delivery of important information about our products, applications or about the Môj Pelikán account. A legal basis for processing of your email address and name for this purpose is a legitimate interest of Pelikan in providing you with important information about safety or other information about our products, applications or about the Môj Pelikán account.
Furthermore, by means of the Môj Pelikán account, which contains name and surname, sex, date of birth, telephone number, address of your residence, nationality, travel document number, expiry date and issuing country, it is much easier to create your orders of services at our portal. In your account, you can also have stored data related to persons, for whom you order services, if you have their consent for that – in that case, name and surname, sex, date of birth, nationality, travel document number, expiry date and issuing country are being processed. You will find these information not only through the Môj Pelikán account, but also through the app Pelipecky, which you will find in the Google Play and AppStore apps.
A legal basis for processing of this personal data is a simpler process of the pre-contract phase, i.e. filling in of your order and conclusion of a contract.
IV. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN CASE OF ENTERING THE COMPETITIONS ORGANIZED BY PELIKÁN
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS
If you engage in a competition organized by Pelikán, this company may process your personal information, such as your name, surname, e-mail address that you indicate when joining the competition. The purpose is to conduct a competition and to identify the competitor. The legal basis for processing these personal data is our legitimate interest, namely the organization of the competition.
If you become a winner of the competition, the address of residence, date of birth, telephone contact can be processed for processing and delivery purposes as well.
We will keep your personal information for 4 years in order to protect our legitimate interests in case of complaint or other proceedings. If you participate in a competition, we will ask for your permission to publish your name and the first initial letter of your surname and if you win on www.pelikan.sk and on our profile on the social network Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pelikan.sk /? fref = ts. If this consent is granted, we will process this data for one year. Non-granting the consent is not a reason for a contestant to refuse competing in the competition.
V. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN CASE OF PARTICIPATION IN PRESS CONFERENCES AND SENDING OF NEWS RELEASES
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS
If you attend a press conference organized by organization Pelikan, we will process your name, surname, e-mail address and eventually your employer as well in order to record the presence of attendees. The legal basis for the processing of this personal data is the Pelikan's legitimate interest, namely arranging a press conference and processing its outcomes. We will keep your personal data for one year.
If you are interested in receiving regular news releases, Pelikan will for that purpose on the basis of your consent process your name, surname, e-mail address and eventually your employer as well. The consent is granted for a period of 2 years and you can withdraw it at any time in part or in full by sending the request to e-mail address email@example.com.
VI. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED AT PELIPECKY.SK
Our portal pelipecky.sk provides information to our readers and potential customers of Pelikan regarding travel, holidays, destinations and other travel related news. The readers may react to specific articles, comment on them, ask questions, etc. In doing so they communicate with Pelikan employees. If you use this form of on-line communication, we gather your personal data, such as your name, surname and e-mail address.
1. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
This information is used to provide customer and product support and to monitor the quality and types of customer and product support provided to our customers. The legal basis for the processing of such information for this purpose is the legitimate interest of Pelikan to provide you with quality customer support.
B. LIST OF PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA OF APPLICANTS FOR JOB IN PELIKAN AND OF SELECTED SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
If you are interested in working for Pelikan, whether based upon your own initiative, or based upon publicized selection procedure for one vacant jobs, Pelikan processes your personal data, which contains for example your curriculum vitae within the scope of your academic degree, name, surname, sex, date of birth, telephone contact, email address, residence address, photograph, data of achieved education, data related to carrier and working experience (identification of current and previous employers, professional focus, awards, greatest working successes, language abilities and professional skills), hobbies as voluntarily entered data. Pelikan can verify truthfulness of your data through subjects you entered in your application.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS
The purpose for processing of this personal data is a selection of future Pelikan employees. A legal basis is a legitimate interest of Pelikan in selecting the most suitable candidates for the job positions and expression of your will to apply for job in Pelikan. Because sometimes you don’t succeed at first try, Pelikan retains your personal data for 3 years so we can contact you with a job offer should a position become open or a suitable new position become available.
If you were successful in a selection procedure, and if you agreed with Pelikan upon a job position, whether as a permanent employment relationship, or in the form of one type of agreements according to the Labour Code, except for above specified personal data, we will process your other personal data on the basis of labour-legal regulations, regulations related to health insurance and social welfare, tax regulations, etc. Such personal data could be represented by your birth certificate number, number of your ID card, health insurance company, family status, if you have any children and their number (in case of application for tax bonus), if you are a holder of ZTP card. If you are to work for us, we are obliged to ask you, on the basis of applicable legislation, to undergo an incoming medical check, result of which will be a declaration whether your are capable to perform assigned labour duties. We will also provide you with regular medical checks, and we will process data required by law about results of such check that will be issued by a doctor. In this case, a legal basis is a corresponding legislative related to health and to capability of employees to perform corresponding job and to medical service. In addition to the above-mentioned personal data, Pelikan processes contact to the family member as well and his / her relationship with the employee in order to contact him / her in case of extraordinary circumstances (e.g. work injury, unjustified absence at work, etc.) The given personal data will be processed during the necessary period, at least a duration of the employment relationship.
C. Categories of personal data recipients
Pelikan is the company that mediates services of companies from all over the world. In order to provide you with services/products you have ordered, it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to other companies in other countries.
If you are a client, based upon services you have ordered we provide your personal data mainly to the suppliers, with which you or we have concluded a contract within performance of ordered services. These recipients are mainly airline companies that provide transportation of people, accommodation facilities, travel agencies and offices, insurance companies, car rental companies, embassies, consulates, operators providing rail, ship, bus or passenger transportation, financial administration bodies.
If you are an employee, your personal data will be provided to health insurance company, Social insurance agency, financial administration bodies and to other corresponding bodies of state administration according to applicable legislative.
I. Other providers of services
Pelikan uses cloud services of the third parties, such as Mandrill, Mailgun, which help us with sending emails. These services monitor activities related to these emails, for example if they are opened by an addressee, if he/she clicked to links in emails and if he/she makes a purchase after clicking the links. On the basis of this data, Pelikan analyses the interaction rate of emails it is sending.
Pelikan uses the courier company Slovak Parcel Service for delivery of purchased products (mainly of parking cards) to the customers.
D. Cookies, pixels and their use
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your browser or mobile device as you browse websites. Pixels are small images or "bits of code" found on a website or in an email that collect information about your browser or mobile device, some of which may also store cookies.
If you revisit our website, we remember the data you have entered for a certain period of time thanks to cookies. In addition, the site will "get to know" you and offer you the information you prefer, ensure that you do not see a previously displayed advertisement, or allow you to auto-complete forms based on the data filled in during previous visits to the web environment and, in relation to this information, it will display relevant content and offers of suggested activities and services that we assume you could take advantage of. Cookies have a varying "shelf life" and are divided into:
- session cookie – deleted after the browser is closed
- permanent cookie – they remain stored on your device even after you stop browsing our website
Which cookies do we evaluate?
- Operational cookies – These cookies are used to record and analyse visitor behaviour on the website and subsequently to improve its functionality and appearance. If you disable these cookies, we cannot guarantee the full functionality of our site.
- iPerceptions is used to evaluate customer service on the site, collecting feedback on our site and services. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- New Relic is used to track the most searched and clicked parts of the website. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- Optimizely is used to analyse customer behaviour on the web based on the evaluation of A/B tests on the website. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- Google Analytics - is an analysis tool for tracking user behavior on the Internet. The customer is only evaluated in Google Analytics on the basis of cookies and Pelican does not forward any personal data of the user. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- Bloomreach - These cookies help us use the Bloomreach platform to understand you and to improve our website in a way that makes it a good experience for you personally. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- Marketing cookies – They are used to optimize the displayed content and advertising with respect to the visitor's habits and the effectiveness of the marketing communication of the sponsors. For example, you won't see advertising from an area you're not interested in unnecessarily often.
- Google: Google Analytics, AdWords conversions, Google Dynamic Retargeting, and Tag Manager are used to track statistics about users' location and demographics, their interests and behaviour on websites, and information about the devices they use to connect to that website. We also use the Google Search Console tool to help us understand how visitors find our website and improve our search engine optimisation. Learn more about how this analytics data may be used, how you can regulate its use, and how you can withdraw your consent to the use of your data.
- Facebook: Custom Audience, Connect, Social Plugins – Facebook Custom audience is a tool that allows you to target ads to a defined group of people on Facebook, and Facebook Connect allows your Facebook account to interact with other websites. Facebook Social Plugins allows you to share content from other websites on Facebook. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- ClickTripz is used to increase conversion and personalize advertising on the website. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- RTB House – Used to retarget online ads that take into account individual shopping habits and preferences. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
- Twitter: Button, Syndication. The Twitter button is used to share content from other websites on the social network on Twitter. Twitter Syndication is used to republish content on websites to reach a wider audience. For more information on privacy protection, please visit their website.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
If we have your consent to process your personal data for marketing purposes, we associate it with information about your activities on the website. The aim of this association is to better recognise your preferences and interests, and, on this basis, to better tailor offers directly to you and personalise web content.
You may object to such processing at any time or, if the automated decision would have an impact on your rights and freedoms, request an individual decision on our part. The method of withdrawing consent is described below, in the Contact Details section.
Length of browsing data retention
We store the information we associate with cookie data according to the consent you have given us or according to the duration of the contractual relationship between us and you. We will retain the combined data from cookies and our systems for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, up to a maximum of 13 months.
E. Children younger than 16 years of age
As the services offered by means of our portal can be dedicated also to persons younger than 16 years of age, we process data of these persons only for the purpose of order processing, administration facilitation and booking of ordered services and providing of the customer service. A legal basis for processing of data of these persons is performance of the agreement or performance of the pre-agreement measures on the basis of client´s request.
For the purpose of the direct marketing and promotion of services, we do not process personal data of persons younger than 16 years of age at all.
F. Updating of rules for personal data protection
With regard to adding new services or products, to improvement of our current offer and to changes of technologies and law, we can change these rules for personal data protection from time to time. You can find the date of the last revision of these rules for personal data protection under “Updated” at the top of this page. All changes come into force at the moment of publicizing of revised rules for personal data protection.
G. Keeping of personal data
We will keep your personal data until granting of your consent is valid, until we have a reasonable reason to keep them or until the applicable legislation binds us to do so. After expiration of defined retention period for keeping of personal data, your personal data will be destroyed.
Below, in “Your rights” part, your right to deletion of your personal data is described.
H. Contact details
If you have any further questions regarding the processing of your data, the exercise of your rights, or if you would like to contact our data protection supervisor, you can contact us in person at our address:
pelicantravel.com s.r.o. (controller)
811 09 Bratislava
or at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form.
If you are not satisfied with our response and believe that we are processing your personal data incorrectly, please contact the supervisory authority, the Office for Personal Data Protection, at the website https://dataprotection.gov.sk/uoou/.
I. Your rights
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request from Pelikan access to your data and also to exercise the following rights:
- find out whether or not Pelikan processes your personal data, and if so, what kind of data and for what purposes
- the right to rectification of personal data - this allows you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you
- the right to erasure of personal data - allows you to request that your personal data be erased, if there's no reason for us to continue processing them
- the right to data portability - you can request that your data be provided to you in electronic and structured form and transferred to another entity
- the right to restriction of processing of your personal data - you can request that we suspend processing of your personal data for certain period of time, e.g. if you want us to prove the accuracy of processing or the grounds for data processing.
- the right to object against processing of your personal data - you have the right to object where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or rights of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child. You can also object if personal data are processed for purposes of direct marketing, including an objection that you are subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of personal data, including profiling
- the right to withdraw consent - where we process your personal data on the basis of a previously granted consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - the supervisory authority responsible for personal data protection is the Office for Personal Data Protection which you can contact if you believe that your personal data is not being processed in compliance with the applicable legislation
If you would like to request access to your personal data and exercise the above rights (in addition to the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection), please send an email to email@example.com.